Lab results

• 4 replies
  • 36 subscribers

I'm absolutely scared to death of any results.  I've recently experienced blood in my urine and pain under my ribs and kidney area.  I am now waiting on the dreaded call from my doctor.  I would rather read results via text than in person as I hate the feeling of being out of control Unamused...sorry if this isn't the right forum.... ive tried meditation, but fear just takes over every time. I've spent all weekend googling and buying urine dipsticks and lots of caster oil! 

• Hi   and welcome to the Online Community but so sorry to hear about your ongoing diagnosis. I have been on my incurable cancer journey for 25 years….. the one thing that dies not help us Google.

Navigating the diagnosis journey can be such a stressful and challenging time but getting support from others who are dealing with the ‘exact same' journey can help a lot.

This New to Community area is like our reception desk where we look to direct you to the best part of the Community for you to get support. The Community is actually divided into dedicated Cancer Support Groups (Discussion Rooms) but as you don’t know if you have cancer it’s hard to connect you with a group but if you are actually diagnosed then you may want to have a look through THIS LIST you will find all our dedicated cancer support groups listed.

These groups are safe places to talk to others who may have a similar diagnosis, treatment experience, to ask questions and get support from members who are navigating the exact same journey.

Have a look through the LIST above and once you find the support group for your cancer type....... click on the link and when the group page opens you will see a [ Black - Click to Join - Banner ] at the bottom of the page, click in this box and this will then confirm that you have joined the group.

When you are ready……. you can introduce yourself by putting up your very own post by clicking [ + Create new post] or [ + ] in the top right of the group page.

You may find it helpful to call the Macmillan Support Line open 8am-8pm (timings may differ across services) 7 days a week on 0808 808 00 00. This service provides cancer information, practical information, emotional support, benefits/financial guidance or just a listening ear.

We also have our Ask an Expert section but do allow 3 working days for a reply.

Talking to people face to face can be very helpful so do check to see if you have any Local Macmillan Support in your area, do also check for a local Maggie's Centre as these folks are amazing.

Do get back to me if you need further help navigating the community.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Thank you for getting back to me, really appreciated and yes Google is no good at all Rolling eyes

• I was diagnosed way back in 1999 before Dr Google was a thing…… so I had to trust my medical professional……. you have to trust that the NHS will do the best for you ((hugs))

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Many thanks, I will try! And thank you for supporting others