Milk duct cancer cells

• 2 replies
  • 37 subscribers

Hi,

my sister has been told that she has a invasive form of this and is due to have a lumpectomy on Monday 3rd June, they have also advised that they will be removing lymph nodes - is this normal practice, how will it effect her recovery ?

• Hi again  you may want to join and put up this post n our dedicated…..

Breast cancer

Breast, secondary cancer

……support groups.

These groups are safe places to talk to others who may have a similar diagnosis, treatment experience, to ask questions and get support from family members who are navigating the same support journey.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

I'm sorry to read that your sister has just been diagnosed with cancer. As you mention that she is having a lumpectomy, I'm assuming that she has been diagnosed with breast cancer. If this is the case then can I recommend that you join the breast cancer forum which is a great place to ask questions and share experiences with others who have a similar diagnosis to your sister.

To join, just click on the link I've created and, once you've joined, you can start a new post in the same way as you did here and join in with existing conversations by clicking on 'reply'.

When I had a lumpectomy I had two sentinel lymph nodes removed so that they could check to see if the cancer had spread to the nearest nodes. This is quite normal. If they already know that the cancer has spread to her lymph nodes then they might be proposing to remove all her lymph nodes at the same time as she has her lumpectomy. Your sister will know which of these it is.

As for her recovery, she will have been given an exercise leaflet to follow after her lumpectomy. I found that by following the exercises I was back to normal after a few weeks.

It would be great if you could put something about your sister's diagnosis and treatment plan into your profile as it really helps others when replying to you and also when looking for someone on a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"