Prostate Cancer Diagnosis

• 1 reply
  • 37 subscribers

I am experiencing extreme fear and anxiety. Approx 5/6 years ago (I was aged about 51/52) I took a PSI test which came back at 3.2 after Bill Turnbull, the newsreader, urged men to take a test as his had been diagnosed too late. My PSI is now 5.4 over 2 tests over the last year. So it was suggested I take an MRI which my consultant said he feels there’s a 60% likelihood that I have some cancer although he said he felt it was localised just in my prostate and no evidence on the MRI that it had spread. So I have a Biopsy booked for 11th June and quite honestly I’m terrified of the outcome. I don’t want to die (obviously) but I also don’t want to lose my prostate at my age. For me, it’s a terrifying time. I’ve been tearful and anxious. Probably my worst experience in life so far

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

It's natural to be scared ahead of tests and biopsies and to worry about what the outcome might be.

As the online community is divided into different support forums I'm going to recommend that you join the prostate cancer forum which is a great place to ask questions and share experiences.

To join, just click on the link I've created and, once you've joined, you can start a new post in the same way as you did here and join in with existing conversations by clicking on 'reply'.

If you have any problems navigating the community just pop back and let me know and I'll be pleased to help.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"