people with cancer between ages 30-40

• 5 replies
  • 53 subscribers

hi,

I am new to this forum community. i am in my 30's and looking for people similar my age to discuss their feelings and experiences with there cancer treatment etc as I feel I don't particular feel I have anyone around me that fully understands going through cancer is like. 

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

It's natural to want to find others who have been on a similar path to you.

As the online community is divided into different support forums, and you haven't mentioned what type of cancer you have, please take a look through this list to choose the right forum for you. Alternatively, you can come back and tell me what type of cancer you have/had and I can give you a direct link to that forum.

Once you've joined the right forum for you, you can start a new post in the same way as you did here and join in with existing conversations by clicking on 'reply'.

It would be great if you could put something about your diagnosis and treatment to date into your profile as it really helps others when replying to you and also when looking for someone on a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• hi, I did try and find it but could it was adrenal cancer, stage 4 onto the liver.

thank you for your tips. i've updated it briefly. 

im just looking for people my age dealing with cancer in general, theres any online calls or group meet up in Hertfordshire. Slight smile

• Hi again

I think you might find others with adrenal cancer if you join the kidney cancer forum, and you might also want to join the secondary liver cancer forum.

To join, just click on the links I've created and, once you've joined, you can start a new post and join in with existing conversations.

As for finding groups in the area of the country that you live in, click this link which will take you to Macmillan's 'In Your Area' where you can search using either a postcode or town name.

Wishing you all the best

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• When you say 'no luck' I assume you mean that you can't find any people with adrenal cancer in either of the two groups that I suggested you join.

I've just typed 'adrenal' into the search bar in the kidney cancer group and it's brought up 117 previous posts. Now they might not be from people in the age range that you've said you want to connect to, but if you join the group and start a post saying what you're looking for I'm sure of those previous posts some will be from people in their 30s who you could then connect with.

All the best

Community Champion Badge