Malignant looking mass found

• 1 reply
  • 37 subscribers

I had a colonoscopy and they found a malignant looking mass located 4-5cm from my rectum.10 biopsies taken.  I’m waiting CT and MRI and then MDT meeting. I was ok at first but now the testing is getting closer, the realness is kicking in and feeling very scared. Anyone had similar and what has your experience been? Many thanks 

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

It's perfectly normal to feel scared at the thought that this mass might turn out to be cancerous.

As the online community is divided into different support forums I'm going to recommend that you join the bowel cancer forum which will give you the chance to talk to others who have been or are in a similar position to yourself.

To join, just click on the link I've created and, once you've joined, you can start a new post in the same way as you did here and join in with existing conversations by clicking on 'reply'.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"