Breast and lymph nodes cancer.After receiving the devastating news I had breast cancer, I was told after the MDT MEETING THAT CHEMO WAS THE BEST OPTION FOR ME, After 1 session of chemo I had a stroke. Chemo was stopped immediately and I was put on

• 2 replies
  • 38 subscribers
  • ANASTROZOLE TABLETS AND herceptin injections which the surgeon has told me is working as he can hardly feel the lumps in my breast or lymph nodes. I wish I was offered this course of treatment in the beginning because having the stroke has been extremely life changing for myself and my partner who is now caring for me 24/7. After the cancer diagnosis and before the stroke I  was still living my life, now I can't do anything for myself.
  • Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

It sounds like you've had a long and difficult journey and I'm sorry to read how difficult life is for you at the moment.

As the online community is divided into different support forums I'm going to recommend that you join the breast cancer forum which is a great place to ask questions, share experiences and get support.

To join, just click on the link I've created and, once you've joined, you can start a new post in the same way as you did here and join in with existing conversations by clicking on 'reply'.

It would be great if you could put something about your diagnosis and treatment to date into your profile as it really helps others when replying to you and also when looking for someone on a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• I am really sorry that you are having to deal with all this. I was diagnosed with breast cancer for the 2nd time in October last year. I subsequently had a mastectomy and 11 lymph nodes removed. I had 4 chemo sessions. It was supposed to be 6 but the consultant said it was enough. I found the chemo very hard. I am now on Herceptin injections. Just had the 3rd but this one has made me a bit ill. I really hope things impove for you! Linda