Hi

• 1 reply
  • 44 subscribers

Hi everybody, 

I’m 23 and got diagnosed with a GBM about a year ago so I realise I should be okay with the ramifications by now but until very recently I’ve been completely okay other than the usual headaches and chemo/surgery side effects. But recently all treatments failed and now I’m just waiting for the cancer to win. 

I’m not naive enough to think that I haven’t already lived beyond my life expectancy after diagnosis but I am not ready to accept my prognosis and I’m just wondering how others got to the point that they could live with it and what they did after realising? And also I wonder how you told your family because while mine know that I’m ill they don’t know how much so. 

I’m not really sure what I’m asking for help with but any advice would be appreciated.  Love to all 

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

The online community is divided into different support forums I'm going to recommend that you join the living with incurable cancer forum which is a great place to ask your questions, share experiences and get support.

To join, just click on the link I've created and, once you've joined, you can start a new post in the same way as you did here and join in with existing conversations by clicking on 'reply'.

It would be great if you could put something about your diagnosis and treatment to date into your profile as it really helps others when replying to you and also when looking for someone on a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"