Biopsy

• 3 replies
  • 54 subscribers

Hi everyone. I am in the very early stages but I am not sure where else to turn for advice.

I had an excision biopsy on the side of my foot and I am struggling a bit.

I was wondering what is best to wear on my feet whilst it is healing and how to deal with the stress of waiting for my results.

any general advice would be greatly appreciated!

• Hi Liv2002 and welcome, I would wear a pair of skechers sandals with a strap that misses your biopsy area, remember to  protect the area from the sun, factor 50 sun cream and socks which if you hold them up to the light, "not the sun", you can't see it. I have waited for test results many times over the years, I am waiting for 3 now and I do the things i enjoy doing, get together with family and friends, plan a couple of days out, watch your favourite shows  and don't go to bed until you can fall asleep quickly and keep away from Dr Google, best wishes with your results, take care.

Eddie

• Hi  !

You said early stages, but not which stages of what.

Hope your foot feels better. Bum feet can make you miserable... :-(

pat :-)

• Hi  and welcome to the Online Community but so sorry to hear about your ongoing diagnosis.

I have no experience of a foot biopsy but you have revived some good suggestions.

It is a stressful time….. I have been on my incurable cancer journey for over 25 years and had multiple relapses so understand how waiting fir results can be stressful… I eventually realised that I could throw all the stress in the world at this but it would not change outcomes…… indeed in the early days it just made me ill.

Talking can help….. so you may find it helpful to call the Macmillan Support Line open 8am-8pm (timings may differ across services) 7 days a week on 0808 808 00 00 as this  service provides cancer information, practical information, emotional support or just a listening ear.

Navigating the cancer journey can be such a stressful and challenging time but getting support from others who are dealing with the ‘exact same' cancer type can help a lot.

The New to Community is like our reception desk where we look to direct you to the best part of the Community for you to get support. The Community is actually divided into dedicated Cancer Support Groups (Discussion Rooms)

Ince you have a clear diagnosis you have but if you care to have a look through THIS LIST you will find all our dedicated cancer support groups listed.

These groups are safe places to talk to others who may have a similar diagnosis, treatment experience, to ask questions and get support from members who are navigating the exact same journey.

Have a look through the LIST above and once you find the support group for your cancer type....... click on the link and when the group page opens you will see a [ Black - Click to Join - Banner ] at the bottom of the page, click in this box and this will then confirm that you have joined the group.

When you are ready……. you can introduce yourself by putting up your very own post by clicking [ + Create new post] or [ + ] in the top right of the group page.

Do get back to me if you need further help navigating the community.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge