Mastectomy Swimwear

• 2 replies
  • 38 subscribers

Good evening everyone. I hope you are all well. My wife had a left sided mastectomy in December 2023 and has been given great aftercare by our local team. My question is can you get mastectomy swimwear. She doesnt want to wear a prosthetic or softie but wants to look NORMAL as she says it. Any help or links would greatly help as we go on our first holiday since the proceedure in August. Thanks in advance

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

I don't know if you can buy mastectomy swimwear but if you join the breast cancer forum you could post your question directly to people who should be able to tell you if they've been able to buy any.

To join, just click on the link I've created and, once you've joined, you can start a new post in the same way as you did here and join in with existing conversations by clicking on 'reply'.

I hope you enjoy your upcoming holiday

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi Wilo1966, A friend of mine who also had a mastectomy gets her swimwear from Argos, though she also shops online but told me sizes can be unreliable, usually a little large round the bust, but there is lots of choice, have a wonderful holiday, best wishes to you both.

Eddie