Help

• 3 replies
  • 36 subscribers

iam so exhausted with worry   i can bearley write .   I stuggle to ask for help  but I know  I need   some   where how   . the isolation  is a B ........  ihave my own worry thought s over and over  . I visit my wife every day in hospital  . I have lost  trust in the machine that is NHS    comunication  failures   delays . days , some times wen hours  would  help. .

there must be a way out of here   i can not see it    .    J J

• Hi  I am Mike and I am part of the Volunteer team who help out in the Community.

Navigating a cancer journey can indeed the most stressful and exhausting journey…… made worse when our very over stretched NHS system fails us.

You may find it helpful to call the Macmillan Support Line open 8am-8pm (timings may differ across services) 7 days a week on 0808 808 00 00. This service provides cancer information, practical information, emotional support or just a listening ear.

Talking to people face to face can be very helpful so do check to see if you have any Local Macmillan Support in your area, do also check for a local Maggie's Centre as these folks are amazing and support all the family.

As for the practical and emotional challenges of supporting your wife and indeed yourself you may benefit from joining and posting in our……

Carers only

or even our……

Supporting someone with incurable cancer

……. support groups where you will connect with a wide range of family members navigating the exact same support challenges.

To connect with a group click on the “Bold Italic Links” I have created above …… then once the group page opens click in the [ Black - Click to Join - Banner ] that appears at the bottom of the page and this will then confirm that you have joined the group.

When you are ready……. you can introduce yourself by putting up your very own post by clicking [ + Create new post] or [ + ] in the top right of the group page.

Do get back to me if you need further help navigating the community.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• great  this site exsists   . my stressed dyslexic  brain  finds to hard navigate in here .   hence  my crazy   user name . couldnot work that out.   i guess iam stuck with it .   bla .

thank  you for being

j j

• I have been on my incurable cancer journey for over 25 years so I can understand in part the craziness of the rollercoaster. I do see that you have successfully posted in a few of our support groups….. I do hope you find the support helpful.

Always remember that if you hit your community name Point right  it will take you to your little area of the site where you will find the groups you have joined and you will be able to look back at your activity - the posts you gave put up or replied back to.

Remember that our helpline is a great place to get support.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge