Fiancé just diagnosed with rare NLPHL

• 1 reply
  • 36 subscribers

My fiance has recently been diagnosed with a rare form of hodgkins lymphoma that is incurable. He's starting chemo therapy in the next couple of weeks and I don't know what to expect. We've got 2 young kids (5 and 1yrs) and I'm so used to having my fiance there to help me with the kids and house work, weekend child care while I work etc. And now the thought of having to do everything all on my own is so overwhelming I really don't know how I'm gonna do it. I feel as though my kids and my fiance need someone better than me, I feel like I'm not good enough like I can't care for them all the way they deserve to be cared for. I feel frightened that my fiance might pick up an infection while undergoing treatment because I cant keep on top of cleaning the house or if our 5yr old picks up germs from school and bring them home. It's a scary time. I don't know what to do I need advice on how to best care for my fiance while he's going through treatment.

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the Macmillan Community but sorry to hear about your fiancés NLPHL diagnosis….. the initial shock of the diagnosis will be raw at the moment but there is list of hope when it comes to Lymphoma…… and yes, you are and will be good enough to navigate all the family through this unwanted journey.

I am Mike and I help out around our various Lymphoma Support Groups….. I was diagnosed with another very rare, also incurable type of Lymphoma over 25 years ago and I am still here living a great life, in fact I turned 68 last Nov - so be encouraged.

The first thing we need to do is get you into the best group where you will get support so can I recommend you join and put up a post in our dedicated……

Hodgkin lymphoma

…… support group. This group is a safe places to talk to others who may have a similar diagnosis, treatment experience, to ask questions and get support from family members who are navigating the same support journey..

To connect with a group click on the “Bold Italic Link’ I have created above …… then once the group page opens click in the [ Black - Click to Join - Banner ] that appears at the bottom of the page and this will then confirm that you have joined the group.

When you are ready……. you can introduce yourself by putting up your very own post by clicking [ + Create new post] or [ + ] in the top right of the group page.

You could just copy and paste the text from this post into your new post.

Do get back to me if you need further help navigating the community…… but I will keep an eye open for you in the group ((hugs))

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge