GIST

• 1 reply
  • 36 subscribers

Hi all, has anyone been diagnosed with a GIST, hospital found mine nearly 2 months ago, have referred me to another hospital but they have a back log.  Worried is an understatement x

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the Community but sorry to hear about your ongoing diagnoses.

Navigating the cancer journey can be such a stressful and challenging time but getting support from people who have walked the ‘exact same' cancer journey can help a lot. (I have a completely different cancer)

As you see New to Community is like our reception desk where we look to try and direct you to the best part of the Community bit I do see that you have already joined our dedicated….

Soft tissue sarcomas

…… then once the group page opens click in the [Black - Click to Join - Banner] that appears at the bottom of the page and this will then confirm that you have joined the group.

You may find it helpful to call the Macmillan Support Line open 8am-8pm (timings may differ across services) 7 days a week on 0808 808 00 00. This service provides cancer information, practical information, emotional support or just a listening ear. We also have our Ask an Expert section but do allow 3 working days for a reply.

You might also like to take a look at this article on how to ease worry when waiting for medical test results as it has handy hints and tips on coping.

Do get back to me if you need further help navigating the community.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge