Eternal Gratitude to Macmillan

• 5 replies
  • 39 subscribers

Hi
I decided to join this forum because since my diagnosis of Advanced Prostate Cancer this year I have used the Macmillan helpline and chat facilities on several occasions.
Have been completely overwhelmed with not only the practical support offered but most importantly the emotional support.
if you wish you can read my profile to see my Journey with Cancer so far

Huge gratitude

Andrew

• Hi andrewsamp and a warm welcome to the forum, though so sorry you have to be here and that you have cancer. Couldn't agree more with what you said about Macmillan, they are amazing, they have been so good to me both on the forums and in the community. I too have Advanced Prostate Cancer, and have joined The Prostate Cancer Forum who are also amazing, talking to others who have been through, or are going through, what you are is so important and the support and advice from people on the same journey is wonderful, Andrew i would recommend the forum to everyone, best wishes.

Eddie

• Hi  I am so glad that you have found the Macmillan services helpful on your journey so far.

The community is made up of dedicated support groups so why not join our……

Prostate cancer

…… support group and introduce yourself to the members there.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Hello Andrew  ( 

I can't agree with you any more and find the advice from both  and  to be cracking.

I see you haven't yet made the jump to join the Prostate Community - is there any reason why? We are an amazing support group (even though I say it myself)  and once you join us you WILL receive a fantastic welcome - you have filled in your profile- why not join us and add a post in the "New here - Say Hello" - we don't bite bite and all have the "been there - done that" T shirt,

Best wishes - Brian.

Community Champion badge

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Strength, Courage, Faith, Hope, Defiance, VICTORY.

I am a Macmillan volunteer.

• Hi Brian
    Have just joined!

Take care

Andrew

• That's great news Andrew and a warm welcome to you too, please feel free to ask any questions you have, or just join in a conversation, you will find the guys on here are an amazing bunch and happy to support everyone going through our cancer journey. take care.

Eddie