Suspected breast cancer

• 5 replies
  • 52 subscribers

Hi I’m new to the community, I’ve recently been told by my go that they think I have breast cancer, I have found a lump which is weired feels like I’ve a length of cord in ma breat which is causing deformity, and my areole is changing appearance, I’ve to go to the breast clinic in a few days, I’ve told everyone I’m not worried but I’m seriously stressing out. My mind is torturing me going over all possible scenarios, I can’t concentrate at work, im barely eating or sleeping, I’m sorry I know a lot of you are going through way worse than me but I didn’t know where else to turn 

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the Community but sorry to hear about your m ngoing diagnoses.

Navigating the cancer journey can be such a stressful and challenging time but getting support from people who have walked the ‘exact same' cancer journey can help a lot. (I have a completely different cancer).

The New to Community is like our reception desk where we look to try and direct you to the best part of the Community for you to get support. The Community is actually divided into dedicated Cancer Support Groups (Discussion Rooms)……. but I do see that you have already joined our dedicated Breast Cancer support group. This will be a safe place to talk to others with a similar diagnosis, treatment experience, to ask questions and get support.

To connect in with the group please click on the link belowPoint down

Breast cancer

…… then once the group page opens you can introduce yourself by putting up your very own post by clicking [+ Create new post] or [ + ] in the top right of the group page.

You can copy and paste the text from this post into your new post.

You may find it helpful to call the Macmillan Support Line open 8am-8pm (timings may differ across services) 7 days a week on 0808 808 00 00. This service provides cancer information, practical information, emotional support, benefits/financial guidance or just a listening ear. We also have our Ask an Expert section but do allow 3 working days for a reply.

Talking to people face to face can be very helpful so do check to see if you have any Local Macmillan Support in your area, do also check for a local Maggie's Centre as these folks are amazing and give support to all the family.

Do get back to me if you need further help navigating the community.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Hi Anna 

Myself as just been sent for a needle biosopy tomorrow as they found calfications on my manogram today .I had the sane last August everything was fine but I am feeling more nervous thus time .its a very stressful time not knowing hang in there .there us nothing wrong with being worried you r only human .Good luck 

• Fingers crossed everything turns out ok for you, I’ve been assigned a counceler to have meetings with until I have my tests and results, I don’t really like opening up to people (mad that I’m on here righty?) but it’s different to speaking to a stranger face to face 

• Hi Anna am a bit soar abd they but a marker in xx I know what u mean about talking on here it's alot easier I hope you feel a bit more better soon please let me know how you get on xx