Do you think this is cancer?

• 6 replies
  • 53 subscribers

Today I was stopped by a stranger who said her daughter had the same mole! I admit it’s grown and looks ugly but I’m just one of those people who thinks it’s just age.

its bumpy and very scabby at times. I know I need to see a doctor as mentally it’s now upset me.

I am 56 and like to think I am in good health.

Impossible to get an appointment with a doctor these days however, I’m really scared now as this lady did her daughter died. I’m horrible at the moment as I’m snapping at everyone.

Any comments positive or negative would help me.

Thank you for replying and I apologise if I’m demanding when so many others are seriously ill.

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

I'm sorry to read how scared you are after someone pointed out that you have a similar mole to her daughter, who sadly passed away from melanoma.

My best advice would be to phone your doctor's surgery first thing in the morning and make an appointment to get it checked. I know how difficult it can be to get an appointment, my surgery is just the same, but you need to persevere until you do. Your mole might be perfectly benign but it might not be. 

The online community is divided into different support forums so I'm going to recommend that you join us over in the melanoma forum which is a great place to ask questions and share experiences with others who have been through or are going through a similar experience.

To join, just click on the link I've created and, once you've joined, you can start a new post in the same way as you did here and join in with existing conversations by clicking on 'reply'.

If you have any trouble negotiating the community just drop me a reply and I'll do my best to help.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Thank you for your time and kindness

• Thank you once again.

I went to see a doctor this afternoon. I’ve been referred,  and should have have an appointment imminently with hospital. So they are going to remove it. I was hoping she would say it’s nothing to worry about and leave it alone. However, I guess it’s ugly to look at and may just keep growing.

• Hi you don’t need to apologise ! I think being scared and not knowing can change your mood but I also think you need to speak to your GP surgery and tell them it’s urgent that you see somebody. You can tell the receptionist why and they should prioritise you . Go and get seen is my advise and if it needs removed you will be seen within 2 weeks and they can remove it on the day . 
    Good luck and be brave x

• I could not agree more ! I was diagnosed with kidney cancer and had a partial nephrectomy at the end of last year. I now know how previous each day is and rest when I need too x

• If you have any questions about the procedures and what will happen, etc then do post on the melanoma group. We have lots of people there, myself included, who have been where you are now and will be happy to answer questions and give support.

xx

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"