Newbie and wobbling

• 7 replies
  • 54 subscribers

Hi guys, just wanted to say hi and introduce myself.  My names Sarah and I have recently been diagnosed with DSIC B3. Last week I found out I may need a right side mastectomy due to scattered calcification and to be on safe side. To say taking it in is hard and one minute I'm up the next a complete mess. 

The beginning of last week was just a normal week but now I'm researching what I should do next. Reconstruction? Implant? Flat Disappointed relieved I'm so confused and feel so alone even though my family have been amazing. The waiting is just too much to cope with. I find it hard to breathe and keep control.  

I joined this group just to chat with others that understand and could maybe share what they did and how they felt?? Please... is anyone there?? X

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the Community but sorry to hear about your diagnoses.

Navigating the cancer journey can be such a stressful and challenging time but getting support from people who have walked the ‘exact same' cancer journey can help a lot. (I have a completely different cancer).

The New to Community is like our reception desk where we look to try and direct you to the best part of the Community for you to get support. The Community is actually divided into dedicated Cancer Support Groups (Discussion Rooms) so can I recommend you join and post in our dedicated Breast Cancer support group. This will be a safe place to talk to others with a similar diagnosis, treatment experience, to ask questions and get support.

To connect in with the group click on this link Point down

Breast cancer

…… then once the group page opens click in the [Black - Click to Join - Banner] that appears at the bottom of the page and this will then confirm that you have joined the group.

When you are ready……. you can introduce yourself by putting up your very own post by clicking [+ Create new post] or [ + ] in the top right of the group page.

You can copy and paste the text from this post into your new post.

You may find it helpful to call the Macmillan Support Line open 8am-8pm (timings may differ across services) 7 days a week on 0808 808 00 00. This service provides cancer information, practical information, emotional support, benefits/financial guidance or just a listening ear.

Talking to people face to face can be very helpful so do check to see if you have any Local Macmillan Support in your area, do also check for a local Maggie's Centre as these folks are amazing and give support to all the family.

Do get back to me if you need further help navigating the community ((hugs))

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Hi there! I'm new to the group as well, and I'm really sorry to hear about what you're going through.

I joined this forum because I recently had a routine mammogram, and they found group calcifications in my right breast. Now, I have a needle biopsy scheduled because of it. I don't have any lumps, but my breast tissue is very dense.

My biopsy is set for Monday, April 29th, and I've been counting down the two weeks until then. It's my first biopsy, and I'm feeling incredibly scared. I'm hoping for the best but preparing for the worst. My intuition is telling me that something isn't right, and I've been experiencing pain on my entire left side due to shingles, which I had before discovering the need for this biopsy.

I'm sorry for going on, but I'm really scared, and I can't seem to stop thinking about it. Additionally, there's a history of cancer in my family—my dad was diagnosed with colon cancer at 25, and my grandmother had breast cancer at 75 on my mom's side.

How did you find out about your DCIS? Did you go in for a routine mammogram, call back, then biopsy? Did you have any lumps or anything? Just wanted to know your story and let you know I'm here for you Kissing heart

• Hi  and warm welcome to you.

I do see that you have put a reply to a post in our dedicated Breast Cancer Support Group.

The best way to use the group is to join the support group by

clicking on this link Point down

Breast cancer

…… then once the group page opens click in the [Black - Click to Join - Banner] that appears at the bottom of the page and this will then confirm that you have joined the group.

When you are ready……. you can introduce yourself by putting up your very own post by clicking [+ Create new post] or [ + ] in the top right of the group page.

You can copy and paste the text from this post into your new post.

Mike (Thehighlander)

Community Champion Badge

• Thank you for direction  think I'm on the correct forum now and hope all is well with yourself 

• I've reposted my message in the breast cancer forum as directed.  Meet you there Blush

• Just diagnosed DCIS due for mastectomy 

I hear you

• Hi  abd a warm welcome to you.

Do look at joining our Breast Cancer Support Group (all the information can be found in the posts at the start of this discussion)… as this would be a safe place to connect with others navigating the same journey.

Mike (Thehighlander)

Community Champion Badge