Learning to cope

• 14 replies
  • 54 subscribers

Hello. 
my husband was diagnosed with stage 5 prostate cancer late last year, and he is currently understanding hormone treatment and has completed 6 rounds of chemotherapy. My question is how on earth to people manage and cope with the diagnosis and pick themselves up and keep going emotionally? 

• If weathers rubbish i tend to stop in as well, That's great your renewing your vows, I'm leaving all planning to Sheila, my partner, if she wants my opinion that's ok. We met under difficult circumstances and always left whether we got married to her, though i didn't think i would have to wait 16 years, Sorry to hear of your mobility issues, have them too but we find a way to manage don't we

Eddie xx

• Definitely, better to stay in , nobody really likes getting wet and cold.

Ive told Scott (hubby) that he has to do all the planning, but as a typical woman I’ve already got the dress. We just can’t to show everyone that our love will get us through this and also make amazing memories for us and our teenage children.

And yes we just have to find a way to manage with mobility etc, it’s a case of just powering through and keep on keeping on.

xx

• Well Julie as it's a lovely day here in Yorkshire, I am off gardening "in the greenhouse", I can understand you choosing your dress, I don't get clothes for Sheila as there always wrong, Family are a great comfort, have 2 girls and a boy, and telling them my prognosis was the hardest thing i have ever done, PS have 7 grandkids too and another due in July

Eddie xx

• Hope you have a lovely day gardening.

Yes family certainly are, I have 8 children - the youngest 3 are my husbands.  I totally agree with what you said - telling the 3 youngest was awful, but even they are rubbing along and keeping the mood up. I have 7 grand too.

I will let you get on with your day and thankyou so much for chatting, it really is helping.

Take care xx