not sure if my cancer life is starting

• 2 replies
  • 51 subscribers

hello i am new i am not sure if my cancer life is starting. .i have found lumps on my collar bone. went to the gp and i asked if she any idea what they was, she said yes but she did not tell me. i only went to see her on monday. she has done an urgent refreal to to see a oncolist. i got a letter from the gp today saying you have been urgently refrered to a cancer clinlic. it also says on the letter suppected cancer on collar bone. is this the start to living with cancer. the gp also said when i asked if she was sure she know what is was she said yes.i am scared and dont which way to turn now

• PS my appointment with the onconlist is wed the 1st of may

• Hi  and welcome to the Online Community but so sorry to hear about your ongoing diagnosis.

At the moment, until cancer is confirmed it’s all a guess but let’s see you get that appointment soon and a way forward found.

If you eventually get a cancer diagnosis getting support from others who are dealing with the ‘exact same' cancer type can help a lot.

The New to Community is like our reception desk where we look to direct you to the best part of the Community for you to get support. The Community is actually divided into dedicated Cancer Support Groups (Discussion Rooms)

So once you know if you have a type of cancer you can look through THIS LIST you will find all our dedicated cancer support groups listed.

These groups are safe places to talk to others who may have a similar diagnosis, treatment experience, to ask questions and get support from members who are navigating the exact same journey.

Have a look through the LIST above and once you find the support group for your cancer type....... click on the link and when the group page opens you will see a [ Black - Click to Join - Banner ] at the bottom of the page, click in this box and this will then confirm that you have joined the group.

When you are ready……. you can introduce yourself by putting up your very own post by clicking [ + Create new post] or [ + ] in the top right of the group page.

You may find it helpful to call the Macmillan Support Line open 8am-8pm (timings may differ across services) 7 days a week on 0808 808 00 00. This service provides cancer information, practical information, emotional support or just a listening ear.

Do get back to me if you need further help navigating the community.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge