Nasal cancer

• 2 replies
  • 51 subscribers

Hi I’m new here. Iv had a lump inside my nose for about 3 years septum wall it has been growing slowly also Iv been having drenching night sweats for a while. I seen ENT department in March they said it’s definitely not a polyp but they’re not to worried about it being anything serious because I’m young. Nether the less I was in surgery a week later to get the whole thing removed the surgeon told me the results would be back in 2 weeks. It’s nearly been 5 weeks now and still nothing!! I keep ringing to secutery to see if they’re back but I think she’s getting annoyed with me phoning every week. I know that the HPV virus can cause nasal cancer Iv already had sever pre cancerous cells removed from my cervix cause by HPV virus so I don’t know if it could be connected. Thanks for reading I just don’t know what to do I feel so lost at the moment 

• Hi  and welcome to the Online Community but so sorry to hear about your ongoing diagnosis….. I do hope you get answers soon.

Navigating the diagnosis journey can be such a stressful and challenging time but getting support from others who are dealing with the ‘exact same' cancer type can help a lot.

The New to Community is like our reception desk where we look to direct you to the best part of the Community for you to get support. The Community is actually divided into dedicated Cancer Support Groups (Discussion Rooms)

But as you have not a clear diagnosis it’s hard to direct you to a specific group…… Our Head and Neck cancer group is an obvious go-to but I have talked and supported many people who had Lymphoma presenting in their nose…..

But once you have your diagnosis do have a look through THIS LIST where you will find all our dedicated cancer support groups listed.

These groups are safe places to talk to others who may have a similar diagnosis, treatment experience, to ask questions and get support from members who are navigating the exact same journey.

When you are ready have a look through the LIST and once you find the support group for your cancer type....... click on the link and when the group page opens you will see a [ Black - Click to Join - Banner ] at the bottom of the page, click in this box and this will then confirm that you have joined the group.

When you are ready……. you can introduce yourself by putting up your very own post by clicking [ + Create new post] or [ + ] in the top right of the group page.

During this waiting time you may find it helpful to call the Macmillan Support Line open 8am-8pm (timings may differ across services) 7 days a week on 0808 808 00 00. This service provides cancer information, practical information, emotional support or just a listening ear.

Do get back to me if you need further help navigating the community.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Thank you for the reply. It means a lot x