Colon cancer

• 2 replies
  • 59 subscribers

I'm 41 I've received my fit results back and they have now referred me for a likely colonoscopy . I literally feel so scared and worried .my concern is something must b there hence result and it wilDisappointedbe too late .I have a 5 year son with ADHD and I don't wanna go anywhere.i know it could b something else but I'm struggling to eat now I'm so anxious Disappointed

• Hi   and a very warm welcome to the Community but sorry to hear about your ongoing diagnoses.

I have lived with and been treated for my incurable blood cancer for over 24+ years but last year I had a positive FIT. I had all the tests including an Colonoscopy and nothing was found so I do hope you are the same.

Navigating the cancer diagnosis journey can be such a stressful and challenging time but getting support from people who have walked the ‘exact same' journey can help a lot.

The New to Community is like our reception desk where we look to try and direct you to the best part of the Community for you to get support. The Community is actually divided into dedicated Cancer Support Groups (Discussion Rooms) so can I recommend you join and post in our dedicated Bowel Cancer support group. This will be a safe place to talk to others with a similar diagnosis, treatment experience, to ask questions and get support.

To connect in with the group click on this link Point down

Bowel (colon and rectum) cancer

…… then once the group page opens click in the [Black - Click to Join - Banner] that appears at the bottom of the page and this will then confirm that you have joined the group.

When you are ready……. you can introduce yourself by putting up your very own post by clicking [+ Create new post] or [ + ] in the top right of the group page.

You can copy and paste the text from this post into your new post.

You may find it helpful to call the Macmillan Support Line open 8am-8pm (timings may differ across services) 7 days a week on 0808 808 00 00. This service provides cancer information, practical information, emotional support, benefits/financial guidance or just a listening ear. We also have our Ask an Expert section but do allow 3 working days for a reply.

Do get back to me if you need further help navigating the community.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Please don't be nervous or afraid,  I understand everything your going through , but every one says that so all I can say is the sooner you get checked out the better , more times than not its all ok , I left mine too late , and I wish so much I'd done it sooner , even if they find something the earlier you go the better it is for you , God bless , thinking of you xx