Breast cancer

• 4 replies
  • 60 subscribers

Hi, I started chemotherapy last July for Brest cancer of which I lost all my hair, I got through chemo ok, when I was booked in for surgery after that they found it had gone to the outside of the breast so could not have surgery, I am now on hormone tablets and a target therapy, I was wondering if it safe to use Rosemary Essential oil on my scalp to try to force my hair to grow back, thank She

• Hello   A warm welcome to the Macmillan online Community - I am so sorry to find you here.

I can't answer your question as I have a different cancer - however I can advise you that the Community is divided up into different forums or chat rooms which are cancer specific. In view of your diagnosis I would advise you to join the 

Breast cancer forum 

There you will find Community members on the same or similar journey. To join the Community just click on the link I have provided. Once the page opens up click on "join" on the black banner at the bottom of the page. You can then either copy and paste or re-post your original post in the "New Here - Say Hello" section. I am sure you will receive plenty of answers.

If I can do anything else for you please don't hesitate to contact me.

Best wishes - Brian.

Community Champion badge

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Strength, Courage, Faith, Hope, Defiance, VICTORY.

I am a Macmillan volunteer.

• Thank you I have just joined 

• I am having my lump removed from breast on wednesday

and then going on chemo tablets

iv researched it

but want to know from real people what exspect from side effects 

• Hello   A warm welcome to the online Community - I am so sorry to read of your diagnosis and I wish you well with your operation on Wednesday.

To connect with people on the same or similar journey I would advise you to join the Breast Cancer forum - to do this just click on the link I have provided below-

Breast cancer forum 

Once the page opens up, just click on join on the black banner at the bottom of the page.You can then add your post in the "New Here - Say Hello" section - I am sure you will receive plenty of replies.

If I can do anything else for you please let me know.

Best wishes - Brian.

Community Champion badge

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Strength, Courage, Faith, Hope, Defiance, VICTORY.

I am a Macmillan volunteer.