Terminal lung cancer

• 1 reply
  • 38 subscribers

My partner has recently been diagnosed with terminal lung cancer.  I don't have a clue how he must be feeling. He doesn't want to talk about it right now.                                                               I feel totally overwhelmed. The hurt is unbearable.  We have only been together four years but I'm not ready to lose him. If anyone in the same situation reads this. Please share your thoughts with me.   

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

I'm sorry to read that your partner has just been diagnosed with terminal lung cancer and it's not surprising that you're feeling as you do right now.

The online community is divided into different support forums so I'm going to recommend that you join the lung cancer forum, which is a great place to ask questions and share experiences around treatment, etc and also the supporting someone with incurable cancer forum where you can share your emotions with others who have a loved one living with an incurable diagnosis.

To join, just click on the links I've created and, once you've joined, you can start a new post in the same way as you did here and join in with existing conversations by clicking on 'reply'.

Macmillan has lots of useful information to help both you and your partner and you might find this information on supporting someone with cancer a useful starting point.

When you feel up to it, it would be great if you could put something about your partner's diagnosis and treatment to date into your profile as it really helps others when replying to you and also when looking for someone on a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"