Advice

• 2 replies
  • 37 subscribers

Hi I’ve just found a lump in the upper outer quadrant of my left breast. It’s hard, irregular and has hardened tissue near it. I’ve been referred for an ultrasound which is in 10 days. Can anyone tell me from experience if this is something I should be worried about?

Its isn’t painful. I can squeeze teeny amounts of yellow from the nipple. I stopped breastfeeding about 2.5 years ago.

My breasts are really small and even, nipple position is pretty much symmetrical. However when I lift my arms above my head the nipple on the lump side ends up about 1.5cms higher than the right and the areola elongates a bit to more of an oval. 

Any similar experience / outcomes would be really appreciated

Thanks 

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

It's natural to worry when you notice something different so I'm going to recommend that you join the breast cancer forum as you can then find out if others have experienced the same symptoms as you.

To join, just click on the link I've created and, once you've joined, you can start a new post in the same way as you did here and join in with existing conversations by clicking on 'reply'.

I'll keep everything crossed that it turns out to be nothing to worry about.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Thank you very much. I’ve now joined the forum and asked my question there as well