Breast cancer biopsy

• 3 replies
  • 37 subscribers

Hi, after finding a lump in my breast I was seen at the breast clinic where I had mammogram and ultrasound. It was then suggested I have a core biopsy which happened the same day. It's just under a week and I've been called back to see the consultant for the results. Is this normal whether they are good or bad? I presumed if everything was ok I was get a letter or phone call. Knowing I've got to return is worrying me terribly, would they call me back to give me good news?

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

It's natural to worry that being asked to go in to see the consultant means bad news so I'm going to recommend that you join the breast cancer forum as you can then find out how others have received their results. 

To join, just click on the link I've created and, once you've joined, you can start a new post in the same way as you did here and join in with existing conversations by clicking on 'reply'.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for a benign result.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Thanks so much for your help, I've joined the group and will ask the question now.

Thanks again :-)

• It's my pleasure Slight smile

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"