Kidney cancer

• 2 replies
  • 38 subscribers

Hi there.

I'm new to all this opening up stuff so please bear with me.

I was diagnosed with a cancerous mass on my right kidney after accidentally falling down the stairs, since then I've had the whole kidney removed nearly 4 weeks ago, still in a lot of discomfort not so much in pain. Now with the added financial stresses, just wondering how others coped with dealing with these issues. 

• Hello   A warm welcome to the online Community - although I am so sorry to find you here.

The Community is divided into forums or chat rooms which are cancer specific and I would advise you to join the:

Kidney cancer forum 

There you can connect with other Community members on the same or similar journey. To do this just click on the link I have provided and once the page opens up just click "join" on the black banner at the bottom of the page. You can then introduce yourself in the "new here" by either copying and pasting your original post or re-posting it. You are assured of plenty of replies.

We also have a financial expert on hand if you wish to ask any financial questions and again here's the link:

Ask a Financial Guide 

Just click on the link and post your questions - please allow a few days for an answer as the service is quite busy at this time.

I hope this helps, if I can do anything else for you please let me know.

Best wishes - Brian.

Community Champion badge

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Strength, Courage, Faith, Hope, Defiance, VICTORY.

I am a Macmillan volunteer.

• I was diagnosed with kidney cancer in 2013 after the tumour on my left kidney had a bleed - prior to that I had no idea I was ill. After the nephrectomy I was regularly scanned and haven't had reoccurence since. The discomfort did continue for about 12 months and I took regular pain killers but I was told it was due to the tumour being difficult to remove due to the bleed. I worked for myself and found it hard to cope financially, no help was offered unfortunately at the time. Not sure how that works now.