Lung cancer

• 4 replies
  • 38 subscribers

Hi I’m not sure who I’m reaching out to but maybe someone will hear me x my brother who is 49 has been diagnosed with lung cancer. We aren’t sure of the next steps and treatment but are waiting for results. I feel anxious for my family especially my mum. 
I’m having trouble sleeping tonight. 

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

I'm sorry to read that your brother has recently been diagnosed with lung cancer and it's natural to wonder what treatment he'll be offered when he gets his results.

The online community is divided into different support forums so I'm going to recommend that you join the lung cancer forum which is a great place to ask questions, share experiences and get support from others who have a similar diagnosis to your brother.

To join, just click on the link I've created and, once you've joined, you can start a new post in the same way as you did here and join in with existing conversations by clicking on 'reply'.

It would be great if you could put something about your brother's diagnosis and tests to date into your profile as it really helps others when replying to you and also when looking for someone on a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hello   A warm welcome to the Online Community - I am so sorry to read about your brother's diagnosis.

The Community is divided into forums or chat rooms which are cancer specific. In your case I would advise you to join the 

Lung cancer forum 

There you can connect with people on the same or similar journey. To join the forum just click on the link I have provided and once the page opens up just click on "join" on the black banner at the bottom of the page. You can then introduce yourself to the Community by posting in the "New Here" section. You can copy and paste your post from above or create a new post.

If you need any further support you can always contact our support line on 0808 808 00 00 (8am to 8pm 7 days a week).

I hope the above helps, if I can do anything else for you please don't hesitate to contact me.

Best wishes - Brian.

Community Champion badge

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Strength, Courage, Faith, Hope, Defiance, VICTORY.

I am a Macmillan volunteer.

• Thank you for your support x 

• Thanks for your support xxx