Hubby has recently been diagnose with pancreatic cancer. All new to me.

• 3 replies
  • 38 subscribers

Hi

My husband was recently diagnosed with Pancreat cancer. he isnt a candidate for surgery nor chemo. They stated it is terminal and estimated 6 months. Tomorrow he will be having a stent fited in his bile duct. after that is an unknown. He's was allowed home  after a few days (on Good Friday)  with very little info . I had to chase up when the endoscopy  procedure would be done. It had to be delayed because the hospital  hadnt told hubby to stop taking  certain meds. The hospital haee rung up to prepare for tomorrow.  Besides the shock of the diagnosis  the initial lack of info has added more anxiiety to the family. What is likely to happen with palliative care at home?

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

I'm sorry to read that your husband has recently been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer and I know how this can affect the whole family.

As the online community is divided into different support forums, I'm going to recommend that you join the pancreatic cancer forum, which is a great place to ask questions and share experiences with others who have a similar diagnosis to your husband, and also the supporting someone with incurable cancer forum as you'll then connect directly with others who are supporting people with an incurable diagnosis.

To join, just click on the links I've created and, once you've joined, you can start a new post in the same way as you did here and join in with existing conversations by clicking on 'reply'.

It would be great if you could put something about your husband's diagnosis and proposed treatment into your profile as it really helps others when replying to you and also when looking for someone on a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi Sheri. I'm in the USA so some things may vary but paliative has been wonderful for me. The team of doctors always have time for me. They don't come to my home, I would have to move up to hospice for that but they have been great at controlling my pain and providing emotional help, etc. Contact them now!

Logan

• Thank you Crispy

Hubby's procedure to have a stent fitted went well but again he's been sent home with no other inforamtion. Ive had to photocopy hubby's discharch notes for the GP becaue they haven't yet been sent to the GP Practice. It shouldnt be down to me t do this. The problem is we live on the border of 2 countries. Hospital is in England and the DR (General Practitioner) is in WAles and the 2 systems dont communicate with each other.

I feel better today because the palliative nurse contacted us and is arranging to come and visit us in the next few days. Im hoping the Palliative nurses will be able to bridge that gap. As long as they can get the proper treatment to make sure he remains comfortable which Im sure they will.