Making a will for a family member with cancer

• 2 replies
  • 37 subscribers

1st post here, I am looking for help with the Macmillan will writing service, am I legally able to create an online will on behalf of my brother who has terminal cancer?

He is in hospital, looks like he will be moving to a nursing home/hospice in the next couple of weeks.

He is 68, has autism, does not use computers and is very deaf.

I have tried in the past before he was sick to get these things in order, but he would never consider it, I think he now reliases that this is a good idea as he is terminal.

I am the next of kin, no other siblings and our parents both deceased, but I am not a power of attorney.

Any help appreciated

Ian

• Free will writing schemes work by the organisation (Macmillan) putting you in touch with a solicitor and you take it from there.  

• Hi Ian……. you may find it helpful to call the Macmillan Support Line open 8am-8pm (timings may differ across services) 7 days a week on 0808 808 00 00. This service provides practical information, emotional support, benefits/financial guidance.

We also have our Ask an Expert section but do allow 3 working days for a reply…… but it will be longer over the Easter Weekend.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge