New to this and still waiting

• 4 replies
  • 58 subscribers

Hi I am a sixty two year old woman. I had a CT colonoscopy after a positive fit test. Unfortunately it showed kidney masses on each kidney. It also showed foci in the skeleton and a lung nodule. I have had a CT scan with contrast dye and a nuclear scan. We had an appointment to see the consultant in clinic but that was cancelled. We have had an MDT meeting but no results yet. GP has sent letters but no response. We have now an appointment to see the same consultant privately.

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the Community but sorry to hear about your ongoing diagnoses and to the challenges in getting a clear information - unfortunately happening a lot at the moment.

Navigating the cancer journey can be such a stressful and challenging time but getting support from people who have walked the ‘exact same' cancer journey can help a lot. (I have a completely different cancer).

The New to Community is like our reception desk where we look to try and direct you to the best part of the Community for you to get support. The Community is actually divided into dedicated Cancer Support Groups (Discussion Rooms) so can I recommend you join and post in our dedicated support groups. These groups are safe places to talk to others with a similar diagnosis, treatment experience, to ask questions and get support.

To connect in with the groups click on these links Point down 

Kidney cancer

Lung, secondary cancer

Bone, secondary cancer

…… then once the group pages open click in the [Black - Click to Join - Banner] that appears at the bottom of the page and this will then confirm that you have joined the group.

When you are ready……. you can introduce yourself by putting up your very own post by clicking [+ Create new post] or [ + ] in the top right of the group page and putting

You can copy and paste the text from this post into your new post.

You may find it helpful to call the Macmillan Support Line open 8am-8pm (timings may differ across services) 7 days a week on 0808 808 00 00. This service provides cancer information, practical information, emotional support, benefits/financial guidance or just a listening ear. We also have our Ask an Expert section but do allow 3 working days for a reply.

Talking to people face to face can be very helpful so do check to see if you have any Local Macmillan Support in your area, do also check for a local Maggie's Centre as these folks are amazing and give support to all the family.

Do get back to me if you need further help navigating the community.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Thank you your response is very helpful.

• Hi just a small update. I have an appointment with an Urology surgeon on 23rd April. I have been to the Gp this morning for sleeping tablets as not sleeping well. We still do not have the results of the MDT.

• Hi again  progress can unfortunately take time….. sleep is important as it’s when your body recharges so well done seeing your GP…..

When you are ready do join and post in the group(s) I highlighted in my first post ((hugs))

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge