Travel insurance

• 1 reply
  • 37 subscribers

Hello everyone I was diagnosed with stomach cancer last November had a Sub Gastrectomy in January to remove 2/3 of my stomach, I'm lucky as it was caught very early and I'm cancer free, no further treatment needed. I have booked a holiday in USA in September. My bank insurance won't cover my stomach  but everything else.( even though it's cancer free). Same with one other company who would cover me if I still have cancer . So I'm hoping for some advice on insurance have had a few quotes for £800 and £1100.

Thanks in advance.

Dorm

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

Unfortunately, as you've found, it can be more difficult to find reasonably priced trave insurance when you've had a cancer diagnosis.

As the online community is divided into different support forums I'm going to recommend that you join us over in the travel insurance for cancer patients forum where you'll find plenty of recommendations from others who have successfully obtained travel insurance.

To join, just click on the link I've created and, once you've joined, take a look through the thread on the first page entitled 'recommended travel insurance'. There are lots of recommendations there so it's probably best to make a list before you start phoning around.

I hope you're able to get the insurance and have a lovely time in America.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"