Husband no longer attracted to me

• 1 reply
  • 36 subscribers

My husband who is a loving caring guy but not the best communicator said to me this morning that he was no longer attracted to me sexually he says he still loves me but finds it difficult to be interested in touching me due to the fact he has been and still is doing quite a lot of care for me since l was diagnosed and now having ongoing cancer treatment for breast cancer for the third time since we have been together which has been 23 years. The treatment has affected my back and haven me onset early osteoporosis as l had a heavy dose of chemo followed by radiotherapy l have various tumours which have stabilised at the moment but will be getting ongoing treatment for the rest of my life l am 65 and my husband 57 sex has always been a important part of our relationship l can understand the treatment has affected our relationship but l am devastated that he now is telling me he is not attracted to . Please can someone advise me or help me to react in some type of rational way rather than just feeling like a crumpled up heap  !

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the Community but sorry to hear about the challenges you are dealing with.

Navigating the cancer journey can be such a stressful and challenging time but getting support from people who have walked the ‘exact same' cancer journey can help a lot.

The New to Community is like our reception desk where we look to direct you to the best part of the Community for you to get support. The Community is divided into dedicated Cancer Support Groups (Discussion Rooms) so can I recommend you join and post in our dedicated Breast Cancer support group. This is a safe place to talk to others who have had the same experiences, to ask questions and get support.

To connect in with the group click on this linkPoint down

Breast cancer

…… then once the group page opens click on “Click to Join” when the black banner appears or “Join” under “Group Tools” (this all depends on the device you are using)

When you are ready you can introduce yourself by clicking “+new” or “+” in the top right next to the group title. You can copy and paste the text from this post into your new post.

You may find it helpful to call the Macmillan Support Line open 8am-8pm (timings may differ across services) 7 days a week on 0808 808 00 00. This service provides practical information, emotional support or just a listening ear.

Talking to people face to face can be very helpful so do check to see if you have any Local Macmillan Support in your area, do also check for a local Maggie's Centre as these folks are amazing.

Do get back to me if you need further help navigating the community.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge