Still confused

• 1 reply
  • 36 subscribers

Hi, I’m new to this group therefore hello. I’ve previously had stage 2 breast cancer in 2014 and had a lumpectomy, radiotherapy and tamoxifen for 10 years from 2015. At the beginning of January I had severe back pain which stopped me in my tracks and during the evening I couldn’t get off the chair. The ambulance came with gas and air and codeine to get me mobile. I saw 5 different doctors following that day and was told I had a strained muscle and I was given cocodomol and diazepam. I continued to take pain killers and work for a further few weeks. On Friday the 16th of February I was admitted to the hospital again with severe back pain. Following an MRI scan I was told I had a steady fracture to me T11 vertebrae. I was later told 2 of my vertebrae had collapsed and compressed together. After a CT scan and 5 days later I was told the news wasn’t good and I had a lump on my spine and another lump on my right rib.. I stayed in hospital for 2 weeks and was discharged last Friday with a number of pain relief tablets including oramorph. On my discharge papers it stated, fracture T11, lesions to T5, S1, L1, L3. 10th rib lesion and a few small lung nodules, a few are indeterminate. Most of this I was not aware of as I felt I’ve been kept in the dark. I have a core biopsy next Thursday but have come to the conclusion it’s cancer but at what stage.. therefore I just wanted to see if anyone else has experienced this and if so should I be positive or be worried?? Thank you in advance and please don’t be afraid to be honest with me. X

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the Community but sorry to hear about your on going diagnoses and the challenge's you have been having.

As you know navigating the cancer journey can be such a stressful and challenging time but getting support from people who have walked the ‘exact same' cancer journey can help a lot. (I have a completely different cancer).

The New to Community is like our reception desk where we look to direct you to the best part of the Community for you to get support. The Community is divided into dedicated Cancer Support Groups (Discussion Rooms) so can I recommend you join and post in some of our dedicated Secondary Cancer support groups.

These groups are safe places to talk to others with a similar diagnosis, treatment experience, to ask questions and get support.

To connect in with the groups click on this linkPoint down

Breast, secondary cancer

Bone, secondary cancer

Lung, secondary cancer

…… then once the group pages open click on “Click to Join” when the black banner appears or “Join” under “Group Tools” (this all depends on the device you are using)

When you are ready you can introduce yourself by clicking “+new” or “+” in the top right next to the group title. You can copy and paste the text from this post into your new post.

You may find it helpful to call the Macmillan Support Line open 8am-8pm (timings may differ across services) 7 days a week on 0808 808 00 00. This service provides cancer information, practical information, emotional support, benefits/financial guidance or just a listening ear. We also have our Ask an Expert section but do allow 3 working days for a reply.

Do get back to me if you need further help navigating the community ((hugs))

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge