New diagnosis! High grade NHL

• 1 reply
  • 36 subscribers

Hi, my husband has just been diagnosed with high grade b cell nhl, this is his 3rd cancer diagnosis in 3 week! He was originally diagnosed with pancreatic cancer so we’re still trying to get our heads around this as our world has been turned upside down!

does anyone have any experience of this cancer? We have an appointment next week, but so many questions and so scared!

thanks Heart

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the Macmillan Community but sorry to hear about your husband's Non Hodgkins Lymphoma diagnosis. 

I am Mike and I help out around our various Lymphoma groups. I don’t have DLBCL but I was diagnosed way back in 1999 at 43 with my type of rare, incurable but treatable Low-grade non-Hodgkin lymphoma (CTCL) eventually reaching Stage 4a in late 2013 so although my Lymphoma ‘type’ is different I do appreciate the challenges of this journey rather well……. and what I can say from the start is that this is very treatable…..

The New to Community is like our reception desk where we look to direct you to the best part of the Community for you to get support. The Community is divided into dedicated Cancer Support Groups (Discussion Rooms)……. but I do see you have all ready joined our dedicated……

Diffuse large B-cell lymphoma

…… support group. This is a safe place to talk to others who may have a similar diagnosis, treatment experience, to ask questions and get support from family members who are navigating the same support and treatment journey.

To connect with the group click on the “Bold Italic Link” I have created above then once the group page opens you can introduce yourself by putting up your own post by clicking “+new” or “+” in the top right next to the group title. You can copy and paste the text from this post into your new post.

I will keep an eye open for you in the  Diffuse large B-cell lymphoma support group where I and the group members can help you navigate this journey ((hugs))

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge