Work

• 1 reply
  • 36 subscribers

Newly diagnosed and I know I’ll need chemotherapy. Just wondering what people do about work? I’m a teacher so will need to avoid germs which might make working during treatment trickier?

• Hi again  to add to what I have given you on your other post……. 

There is a real Risk of infection so care needs to be taken to control infection contacts. Generally it takes about 48 to 72 hours for the body to break down and/or get rid of most chemo drugs.

But the effects of the chemo on growth areas and your general immune system will last for weeks and is important to remember that you may well be more open to infections at about days 7-14 as this tends to be the window when our immune system is at its lowest……. then the body recovers in time for your next cycle….. but the more chemo you have the longer the recovery can take so by the end of treatment it could take a few months this to recover completely.

But as I said it may all depend on what of the many treatments you will get depending on your type of Lymphoma and how it is presenting……. a lot of questions to ask your Haematologist.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge