Scare

• 1 reply
  • 37 subscribers

Hi, I'm new to this, I've been through all the normal a CT scan, followed by a nuclear PET scan and then a Bronchoscopy with brushing,  the scraping came back negative,  I was given a 6 week ct scan, this came back with another anomaly in the scan area and, I am now having a CT guided biopsy on Wednesday (27th February 2024) and am scared silly (cancer runs in both side of the family dad had pancreatic cancer, his dad had lung cancer and mum's mum had throat cancer)

• Hi  

Good luck with the biopsy tomorrow - hopefully you might finally get an answer to what that anomaly is. My wife can have two things that will flag anomalies - sarcoidosis or leiomyosarcoma - one cancerous one not and it was only on biopsy they finally diagnosed the cancer. 

Being scared, especially given your families experience with cancer is really very normal. Many people on here find the path to diagnosis very difficult and of course even if nothing is found then there is still the question as to what put us on this path anyway. 

Good news is the doctors seem to be being very thorough so hope you get some answers soon.

<<hugs>>

Steve

Community Champion Badge