Post stem cell transplant and feeling lost

• 3 replies
  • 36 subscribers

Hi. I was diagnosed with Acute myloid leukaemia last June and have been having intensive treatment for 6 months and then had a stem cell transplant in January.There are no more planned treatments. I  thought I would be happier and positive about the future but am having flashbacks to how it all started and what I had to go through. I am worried about what if this transplant does not work and what my future will be like. I want to move on and enjoy my life but am just feeling quite lost. 
Just wanted to find out what anyone else feels like me ? 

Thank you 

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the Community but sorry to hear about how you are feeling after your Stem Cell Transplant…… I know this journey rather well as zi have had 2 Allo (donor) Stem Cell Transplants (SCT)

The New to Community is like our reception desk where we look to direct you to the best part of the Community for you to get support. The Community is divided into dedicated Cancer Support Groups (Discussion Rooms) so can I recommend you join and post in our dedicated Stem Cell Transplant support group.

To connect in with the group click on this linkPoint down

Stem Cell Transplant

…… then once the group page opens click on “Click to Join” when the black banner appears or “Join” under “Group Tools” (this all depends on the device you are using)

When you are ready you can introduce yourself by clicking “+new” or “+” in the top right next to the group title. You can copy and paste the text from this post into your new post.

I will keep an eye open for you in the group and we can talk more about navigating the post SCT world.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Thank you Mike. I have just read your story and wow you have had a heck of a challenging journey but still remaining positive! Very inspirational. I will join the group as suggested 

• Yes do join the group and put up a post to introduce yourself with a little back story….. the important thing is at this moment post SCT everything looks and feels impossible…… but it can be done.

I am going to be out for a while this morning but will pick up on your post when I can but do have a look through the various posts ((hugs))

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge