The waiting for test and diagnosis is terrifying me any ideas on how cope

• 10 replies
  • 37 subscribers
  • Hi  I am sorry that you are going through tests, it is a stressful and challenging time for you.

If you care to tell us more about what you are actually being tested for we would be able to help further.

The Macmillan Support Line open 8am-8pm (timings may differ across services) 7 days a week on 0808 808 00 00. This service provides cancer information, practical information, emotional support or just a listening ear.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

1. Thank you I have had neck Lu for about three 
  • Sorry not very good at this but I have had a neck lump since early December went to doctors just before christmas.then about half way through January had a ultra sound then got refred to ear nose and throat were I was told it was probably a secondary cancer lymph node tumor.ihave a chest X ray this week I am having a biopsy and Ptec scan

1. I know lots of people go through this but it's still shock in fact 7 days ago I felt right as rain but  everything is making it feel this a tumor how long have I got I know it's a waiting game at least another week but any advice support ideas on how to cope would be welcome 
  • I have been living with and been treated for my incurable blood cancer for over 24 years and I am still here.

An ENT appointment for checking a lump on the neck is normal…… but having a lump on the neck can be down to a number of reasons so don’t jump to any conclusions……. how do you cope…… you just do. At this point in time you are a passenger and you have to trust the system to do its think and get the answers fir you……. Once you have a clear diagnosis we can direct you to the best place in the community to get support.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Thank you very much for replying it is much appreciated 

• Hi  

I'm Dani and I hang out in the Head and Neck Cancer Group I don't want to jump the gun but from what you have told us you are being investigated for tonsil cancer. If you click on the link I've made you can join the group. There are lots of friendly people there who have been in the same position as you. We can help you through this.

We see quite a few people who are referred just like you only to be diagnosed with something else. Nevertheless it helps to talk while you wait and we have plenty of coping strategies to share

Dani 

Base of tongue cancer. T2N0M0 6 weeks Radiotherapy finished January 2019

I wrote a blog about my cancer. just click on the link below 

https://todaymycoffeetasteslikechristmasincostarica.com 

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Community Champion badge
  • Thank you the doctor although he could not see any thing did mention I may have to have remove my tonsils  to investigate I am having a biopsy on wednesday and a Ptec scan on Sunday as I say the waiting is horrible but I will just have to wait thanks for your reply I will click the link

• Just hang on in there. Your biopsy should take two weeks but some are taking longer. I would chase them up after those two weeks. PET results are usually available to your referring doctor within three days.I know it’s easy to say but just try to keep busy 

Many of my fellow patients went to their GP for sleeping pills if they couldn’t sleep. 
    Best wishes. 

Dani 

Community Champion badge
  • Thank you it might be a good idea and thank you for talking-to me about it

• Any time. I’ve been there. I know just how you feel. Hugs. 

Dani 

Community Champion badge