New to community

• 1 reply
  • 37 subscribers

Hi All

I was diagnosed in November with the oestrogen ER+ breast cancer in my right breast.  I had a lumpectomy on the 27th December of which I had two masses of 10mm and 12 mm removed and 82mm in the middle of both of cancerous changing cells.  I had a lymph node sentinel biopsy and reconstructive surgery on both breasts.  I was very anxious leading up to the surgery, but once I had it done I felt great relief. I can also say seeing the results after surgery was also nerve racking. At my follow-up appointment with my breast surgeon, I was so relieved to hear that she had got it all out with good clear margins and that I would not need Chemotherapy.  I can honestly say I have had great treatment and good care from both the breast surgeon, nurses and Oncologist. I started endocrine therapy in January and start radiotherapy on the 4th March.  One piece of advice is to make sure you constantly do your exercises that are given to get good movement back.  Plus, ask your care team lots of questions if you are unsure of anything and try to have someone with you at your appointments as you find, you don't take it all in.  My husband recorded my main appointments so we could listen back to it, you do forget things.  

Sending big hugs to all x

• Hello   A warm welcome to the online Community - it's great to read stories where the treatment plan is working and all is well in the circumstances.

The online Community is divided into cancer specific forums or chat rooms and it would be a great idea to join the Breast cancer forum . To do this click on the link I have provided and then once the page opens up just click on "join" on the black banner at the bottom of the page.

Once you have joined the group you can introduce yourself by clicking on the +new and either copying and pasting or reposting your post. Once it's posted in the group it will be seen by Community members on the same or similar journey to yourself.

I do hope this helps - if I can do anything else for you please let me know.

Best wishes - Brian.

Community Champion badge

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Strength, Courage, Faith, Hope, Defiance, VICTORY.

I am a Macmillan volunteer.