Possible Throat Cancer

• 2 replies
  • 37 subscribers

Hi I’m new to this. But nobody seems to understand what I’m going through.

I have lesions and discoloration, I haven’t had a voice since November, I’ve had a persistent cough since then as well. I had a CT scan recently after SEVERAL tests to check for anything but cancer, and it’s affecting my lymph nodes. It’s spread so much.

If anyone can tell me if it sounds familiar, what the process was like, anything at all, please do. I go in for an EDG and hopefully a biopsy this month.

• Hi   and a very warm welcome to the Community but sorry to hear about your ongoing diagnoses.

(You will see that the site moderators have taken down your photographs as these are not allowed under the Community rules) 

Navigating the diagnosis journey can be such a stressful and challenging time but getting support from people who have walked the ‘exact same' journey can help a lot. (I have a completely different story).

The New to Community is like our reception desk where we look to direct you to the best part of the Community for you to get support. The Community is divided into dedicated Support Groups (Discussion Rooms) so can I recommend you join and post in our dedicated Head and Neck Cancer support group. This is a safe place to talk to others with a similar diagnosis, treatment experience, to ask questions and get support.

To connect in with the group click on this link > Head and neck cancer then once the group page opens click on “Click to Join” when the black banner appears or “Join” under “Group Tools” (this all depends on the device you are using)

When you are ready you can introduce yourself by clicking “+new” or “+” in the top right next to the group title. You can copy and paste the text from this post into your new post.

You may find it helpful to call the Macmillan Support Line open 8am-8pm (timings may differ across services) 7 days a week on 0808 808 00 00. This service provides cancer information, practical information, emotional support or just a listening ear.

Do get back to me if you need further help navigating the community.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Hi  

I see you've joined the Head and Neck Cancer group. Pop on and start a thread up where we can help you through this.

In the meantime......Your EDG, if a biopsy is taken will give you a definitive diagnosis. It examines the digestive tract rather and the throat. The procedures vary insofar that sometimes you get a sedative and sometimes not. I've had it  both ways. With a sedative I remembered absolutely nothing, without it's a little uncomfortable but not painful. You should have been given a leaflet to explain. Biopsy results are often through in two weeks but sometimes are taking longer

I'm Dani and I hang out there. I am five years clear of treatment for throat cancer .....so cured. Come and say hello

Dani 

Base of tongue cancer. T2N0M0 6 weeks Radiotherapy finished January 2019

I wrote a blog about my cancer. just click on the link below 

https://todaymycoffeetasteslikechristmasincostarica.com 

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Community Champion badge