Newbie here

• 2 replies
  • 38 subscribers

After what I was told would be a 'nothing to worry about' appt at the breast clinic, I have been told it's cancer in my right boob. I've named him Terry. I have to wait until 22nd for the actual results (grade etc) and my treatment plan but I feel in limbo. I have cancer but don't know what actually lies ahead of me. My mind is focusing on the worst case scenario and to top it all off, I've been told I need to start weaning off my HRT 

• Hi Hotmess80, you gave yours a nicer name than i gave mine, i couldn't put the name on here in case i offended people. You ask what lies ahead. First thing is probably going to be with an oncologis were you should be told your treatment plan. You will feel more at ease when you know what is happening, its the unknow that makes us anxious. There are so many types of treatments out there from chemo, radiotherapy,immune therapy and so on its all according how they want to treat yours. Everybody thinks the worse scenario, like is there treatment for my type of cancer, can they help me, how will i manage trust me we all think the same. I have been on this journey now for 20 years and they still manage to find treatment to keep me going. All the best for your future treatment Dawn x

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the Community.

Navigating the cancer journey can be such a stressful and challenging time but getting support from people who have walked the ‘exact same' cancer journey can help a lot. (I have a completely different cancer)…… but I do see that you have already found, joined and posted in our supportive Breast cancer support group…… this is a safe place to talk to others with a similar diagnosis, treatment experience, to ask questions and get support.

You may find it helpful to call the Macmillan Support Line open 8am-8pm (timings may differ across services) 7 days a week on 0808 808 00 00. This service provides cancer information, practical information, emotional support, benefits/financial guidance or just a listening ear.

We also have our Ask an Expert section but do allow a few working days for a reply.

Talking to people face to face can be very helpful so do check to see if you have any Local Macmillan Support in your area, do also check for a local Maggie's Centre as these folks are amazing and give support to all the family.

Do get back to me if you need further help navigating the community.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge