Bowens disease

• 4 replies
  • 37 subscribers

Good morning everyone, I am new to the group.  I had breast cancer 6 years ago and was treated with surgery, radiotherapy and I stuck out the five years on Tamoxiifem!  I  have just been given Fluorouracil to treat a lestion on my forearm.  I;'ve been all over the internet to find out if I should wash the affected place with mild soap and water prior to each application of the cream (twice a day for 28 days).  Any info about this would be very gratefully received.  Thanks chaps.

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the Community.

Navigating the cancer journey can at times be such a stressful and challenging time but getting support from people who have walked the ‘exact same' cancer journey can help a lot. (I have a completely different cancer).

The New to Community is like our reception desk where we look to direct you to the best part of the Community for you to get support. The Community is divided into dedicated Cancer Support Groups (Discussion Rooms) so can I recommend you join and post in our dedicated Breast Cancer support group. This is a safe place to talk to others with a similar diagnosis, treatment experience, to ask questions and get support.

To connect in with the group click on this link > Breast cancer then once the group page opens click on “Click to Join” when the black banner appears or “Join” under “Group Tools” (this all depends on the device you are using)

When you are ready you can introduce yourself by clicking “+new” or “+” in the top right next to the group title. You can copy and paste the text from this post into your new post.

You may find it helpful to call the Macmillan Support Line open 8am-8pm (timings may differ across services) 7 days a week on 0808 808 00 00. This service provides cancer information and practical information.

We also have our Ask an Expert section but do allow a few working days for a reply.

Do get back to me if you need further help navigating the community.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• thank you for that Mr Highlander!  M ydarling husband died 16 months ago of very aggressive Non Hodgkins Mantle Cell Lymphoma - luckily we had four weeks at home before he died.  I have read your cancer journey and am amazed at the strength that people find when faced with these momentous moments - I am a firm believer in family and it looks like yours is particularly strong and engaged.  Good luck.

• Hi again  sorry to hear about your husband....... being diagnosed with one of the 60 types of NHL and how journey develops is at time a lottery........ 

Yes my amazing family and indeed friends have been an important part of the journey and at times were the main thing that made me push through.

We do what we can to keep ahead of the beast.

Do connect in with the BC group and lets look for you to get some answers ((hugs))

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Hi  

In addition to Mike’s advice, it might also be useful to join and post in the Skin Cancer forum to see if anyone has experience of using this treatment. The link is here-

Skin Cancer Forum

I’m sorry to read what you’ve already been through, and hope this treatment will be successful for you.

Sarah xx

Community Champion Badge

Cervical Cancer Forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm