My dads lung cancer

• 1 reply
  • 37 subscribers

The hospital found a shadow on his X-ray, sent him for a CT scan, we were called in. Told he almost certainly has lung cancer, can’t biopsy or treat because of his ill health. Sent for a pet scan to and we have the meeting on Thursday. I feel so anxious, not for myself but for my poor dad, it’s such a terrible situation, which none of us were prepared for

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

I'm sorry to read that it looks like your dad is going to be diagnosed with lung cancer and I know what an anxious time this will be for you.

The online community is divided into different support forums so can I recommend that you join either the carers only forum, if you're your dad's carer, or the family and friends forum, if you're not his carer. Both of these forums are safe and supportive place where you'll connect directly with others who are supporting a loved one.

To join, just click on the link I've created and, once you've joined, you can start a new post in the same way as you did here and join in with existing conversations by clicking on 'reply'.

If your dad is diagnosed with lung cancer on Thursday then I'd recommend that you join the lung cancer forum as it's a great place to ask questions about his treatment, etc.

Wishing you all the best

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"