Waiting for results

• 3 replies
  • 38 subscribers

I felt extremely tired before Xmas and after having abnormal blood tests and an anbnormal stool sample test I was told I needed a 2 week referral for a colonoscopy. After having gastroscopy and colonoscopy last Monday I was told a large polypoidal lesion/tumour was found and tattoed and would have to be robed through surgery. The possibility of cancer was mentioned and I was told I would need urgent referrals for CT scan and MRI. I had the CT scan the next day and the MRI today. I haven’t heard anything back regarding the results and my mind is going into overdrive. How likely do you think this is to be cancer? Anyone had similar experience? 

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

Waiting for the results of tests is a really horrible time and it's natural to wonder if you may have cancer.

The online community is divided into different support forums so I'm going to recommend that you join the bowel cancer forum as you'll then connect directly with others who have gone through the same tests as you. There you can ask questions, share experiences and get support while you're waiting for your results.

To join, just click on the link I've created and, once you've joined, you can start a new post in the same way as you did here and join in with existing conversations by clicking on 'reply'.

If you have any problems navigating the online community, just drop me a reply and I'll be pleased to help.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi Onlyme , I'm in exactly the same position as you and have had the same journey , I know what you mean by mind going overdrive , I was told I had a 6cm tumour in my upper bowels , which they were quite sure it is cancer , I'm just starting my 3rd week of waiting on my biopsy,  CT and MRI results and it is driving me crazy not having answers , today I received a call booking me in for another colonoscopy Worried so thats set my mind racing again .I hope you get your results soon Fingers crossed, this forum.is a god send , stay way from Google lol

DGM