Waiting for results

• 4 replies
  • 38 subscribers

I had an ultra sound yesterday and the sonographer was asking a lot about my symptoms. Also whether I had or had any chronic illness. As I was getting my clothes straight my scan was on the screen. My liver had lots of black dots which  I’m now assuming metastasises. I feel sick with worry. I don’t have any other cancer diagnosis 

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

Waiting for results is a very scary time and it's natural to be worried and fear the worse. Do you know how long it will be until you see the consultant to get your results?

While you're waiting my best advice would be to try and do things that you enjoy to take your mind off the 'what ifs'. Lots of people find mindfulness really helpful and, if this is something that interests you, clicking here will give you more information.

You might also find this article on how to ease worry when waiting for medical results useful to look through.

Hopefully it'll turn out not to be cancer but, if it does, there are lots of people here who will be happy to answer questions, share experiences and give support.

Try to remember that worrying won't change the outcome but it will ruin the present.

(((hugs)))

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• I think mets are white on scans.  My urologist talked me through my CT Scan and my lung mets were white.  

This on cancer dot org ->

What color is a tumor on ultrasound?
    For example, most of the sound waves pass right through a fluid-filled cyst and send back very few or faint echoes, which makes them look black on the display screen. But the waves will bounce off a solid tumor, creating a pattern of echoes that the computer will show as a lighter-colored image.
  • Thanks for this. I’ve always struggled with anxiety at the best of times. I’m trying so hard to live in the moment but finding it hard. Feel guilty for posting without a diagnosis but it’s helped knowing there are people there :) 

• Sorry for the late reply. This has helped. Thank you for replying to me Slight smile