After radical prostate

• 2 replies
  • 37 subscribers

After having my prostate removed 2 years ago gleeson 3+4 I have had never ending continance problems mainly due to a bladder neck restriction,last week i had a urethrotomy to open the bladder neck i now have to have catheter for 4 weeks the problem is i have extremely painfull bladder spasms with urine leaking around the catheter tube,also causing me to pass faeces 5/6 times untill my bowel is empty every morning,im on antibiotics and painkillers tramadol with paracetamol,the surgeon also left in my superprubic catheter in case i need a second op.i wonder if I am alone with this problem

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the Community but sorry to hear about your journey.

Navigating the cancer journey can be such a stressful and challenging time but getting support from people who have walked the ‘exact same' cancer journey can help a lot. (I have a completely different cancer).

The New to Community is like our reception desk where we look to direct you to the best part of the Community for you to get support. The Community is divided into dedicated Cancer Support Groups (Discussion Rooms) but I do see that you have joined our dedicated Prostrate support group. This is a safe place to talk to others with a similar diagnosis, treatment experience, to ask questions and get support.

To connect in with the group click on this link > Prostate cancer then once the group page opens you can introduce yourself by clicking “+new” or “+” in the top right next to the group title. You can copy and paste the text from this post into your new post.

Talking to people face to face can be very helpful so do check to see if you have any Local Macmillan Support in your area, do also check for a local Maggie's Centre as these folks are amazing and give support to all the family.

Do get back to me if you need further help navigating the community.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Hello Radar, i see you have answered a post on the prostate forum, but for the best advice you should start a new thread on the forum, just repeat what you have written here and you will get responses,

Eddie