Advanced prostate

• 1 reply
  • 37 subscribers

Was told I had a tumour in prostate on 10th December after blood test came back with a PSA of 179  but looking at MRI scan the consultant felt it was contained, gave me a 28 day course bicalutamide also had Prostop  jab after 14 days, booked me in for bone scan on the 13th December and biopsy on 14th December bone scan was negative which made me feel was positive, on 21st December had a call from Marsden to say cancer was aggressive with a Gleason score of nine and will need to have a PET scan which was booked for 17th January, seemed a long wait for PET scan after being told it’s aggressive, went to see consultant on 24th January to be told that it had got in limph nodes and  traces were in upper spine, pelvis and right rib and it wasn’t curable, consultant said I would be put on Erleada tablets four a day which would be sent out to our home not sure when as my partner and I left in such a daze never really asked enough questions in complete shock at mo and googling for info just scares me

• Good Evening   A warm welcome to the online Community.

I an so sorry to read of your cancer diagnosis - yes it's a shock and you just don't know where to turn, So I can tell you the online community is divided into cancer specific forums or "chat rooms" and the best place to be for you would be our Prostate Cancer forum where you can chat with other Community members on  the same or similar journey. To join this forum click on this link:

Prostate cancer forum 

Once you get there just click on "join" on the black banner at the bottom of the page and you can then go to +new and introduce yourself to the Community. There you will find other members of the Community on the same or similar journey to yourself. You can either copy and paste your original post or re-post it.

I have an interest here as I am a member of that Community and look forward to meeting you on our forum -  we are a great bunch -and you will be most welcome. You can check out my personal Prostate Cancer journey by clicking on my user name or the icon of the beach.

eat wishes - Brian.

Community Champion badge

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Strength, Courage, Faith, Hope, Defiance, VICTORY.

I am a Macmillan volunteer.