Failed Hysteroscopy

• 2 replies
  • 38 subscribers

Hello,

I’ve had two failed hysteroscopy due to scarring from an endometrial ablation. I am post menopausal  (53 years old) and have intermittent bleeding, pelvic pain, lower abdominal cramps and thickened womb lining 14mm - identified on a transvaginal scan.  The doctor will discuss  my case at their next review this week and advise on next steps. She mentioned possible MRI scan or hysterectomy.  Just wondering if anyone else has been in this position and what follow tests were performed and your treatment options. 

• Hello   A warm welcome to the Online Community

I am so sorry to read of your problem and can fully understand your worry. The online Community is divided into many chat rooms or forums that are cancer specific - where you can come into contact with people on a similar or same cancer journey. Can I suggest you join the Womb (uterus) cancer forum To do this click on the link I have provided and once the page opens up click on "join" on the black banner at the bottom of the page. Once you have joined the Community you can introduce yourself and either copy and paste your question or repost it.

I do hope you get some answers from the Community members.

Best wishes - Brian.

Community Champion badge

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Strength, Courage, Faith, Hope, Defiance, VICTORY.

I am a Macmillan volunteer.

• Hi DebAP

I'm sorry to hear of your health issues right now. 

I've been through similar. I'm also 53 and had been on HRT for almost 6 years. I'd not had a period for almost a year, so thought I was coming out the other side...hoorah. Then I started to bleed and it went on and on... I managed to get a Dr's appt and was referred for an ultrasound where they said I had a thickening of my womb lining. Within 2 weeks I was referred for a hysteroscopy. I was then called to say I had abnormal cells and had an urgent appt with the consultant. I was then booked in for an MRI scan and 4 weeks later had a full hysterectomy. Womb, tubes, ovaries&cervix....all within 8 weeks of my initial Dr's appt. 

I have to say I've not looked back. The operation was carried out by the surgeon operating a robotic arm and done keyhole. The recovery afterwards was quick and I was back to work in 6 weeks. I've since had the results from what was removed and they found no trace of cancer. Phew. 

I wish you all the best....let us know what you decide/ they suggest.

Take care.  X