1st chemo cycle - struggling with food and diarrhoea

• 1 reply
  • 37 subscribers

Hi, I'm on day 10 of the first chemo cycle. Unknown primary site, suspect stomach (awaiting biopsy results). Originally discovered malignant ovaries, omental and peritoneal with ascites in the abdomen.

Ant tips on food and appetite please? I'm aware that I must eat to keep energy levels but can't fit much into, feel full all the time... must drink a lot to wash chemicals out of body but again not much can fit into my stomach. 

I'd also welcome any tips on stopping diarrhoea please, struggling with it for 5 days.

Thanks.

• Hello   A warm welcome to the online Community. I am so sorry to read of your issues. 

The online community is divided up into forums or chat rooms which are cancer specific and to get the best answers to your question I would advise you to join the forums where there are Community members on the same or similar journey. I would advise you to join the Unknown primary cancer forum and the Chemotherapy forum . To join these forums, just click on the links I have provided. Once the page opens up, click on "join" on the black banner at the bottom of the page. You can then introduce yourself by clicking on the +new and either copying and pasting your post or reposting it.

There is of course our helpline on 0808 808 00 00  (8am - 8pm 7 days a week) who may be able to help you

You could also pose your question in our Ask a Nurse  - link provided  - but it may take a couple of days for an answer.

I do hope you get the answers to your questions.

If I can do anything else for you please don't hesitate to contact me.

Best wishes - Brian.

Community Champion badge

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Strength, Courage, Faith, Hope, Defiance, VICTORY.

I am a Macmillan volunteer.