Travel insurance

• 1 reply
  • 36 subscribers

Hello, I am looking for advice,guidance on travel insurance as we are avoiding going abroad anywhere should I need to come home for my dad. My dad is terminally ill but doing very well and he wants us to go on adventures and tell him all about it Heart. Can anyone suggest where I should go for insurance in the event I need to cancel . Thankyou 

• Hi  and welcome to the Macmillan Community but so sorry to hear about your dad’s diagnosis.

The New to Community is like our reception desk where we look to direct you to the best part of the Community for you to get support. The Community is divided into dedicated Support Groups (Discussion Rooms) and when it comes to the practical and emotional challenges of supporting your dad you may benefit from joining and posting in our Supporting someone with incurable cancer support group where you will connect with others navigating the exact same support challenges.

To connect with a group click on the “Bold Italic Link” I have created above then once the group page opens click on “Click to Join” when the black banner appears or “Join” under “Group Tools” (this all depends on the device you are using)

You can then put up your own post when you’re ready by clicking “+new” or “+” in the top right next to the group title. You can copy and paste the text from this post into your new post.

As for Travel Insurance….. you may find this to be a challenge to get. 

Comparison sites tend to use the same algorithms so getting a clear price can be difficult and it’s not that unusual to be turned down or told to call the insurers. 

It is actually more effective to call a few insurers directly as this means that you have answered all the questions correctly and in doing this a suitable policy can be offered and price given.

Full disclosure is always advisable as in the event of any issues this can reduce the risk of an insurance companies wriggling out from paying out.

I am not allowed to recommend any companies but do have a look through the Recommended Travel Insurance in our Travel insurance group as it's where the majority of recommendations from other forum members are.

You can also look through all the individual members of posts in the group as well.

I do hope you can get cover.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge