My husband is going through more chemotherapy

• 1 reply
  • 36 subscribers

My husband is going through more chemotherapy he has had bone cancer for 30 years, 22 years ago he had a donor bone marrow transplant he was clear for 15 years, but the last 6 years he has been on and off different chemotherapy, its very difficult and no matter how many times we have gone down this road it never is any easier, i thought i would join this chat forum, because we have minum support,  its hard for some people especially our family members to understand what we are both going through, especially as my husband has had this disease for such a long time and family members have never sat day after day and watch what he goes through after his chemotherapy, he never complains he just gets on with it, but i reallly do feel unsupported by the our family members to them its the normal same scenario, but for me it feels like every time he starts chemotherapy its like the first time

• Hi   and a very warm welcome to the Macmillan Community but sorry to hear about your husband and that he is back on treatment.

Is it specifically Bone Cancer your husband has?…… or is it a blood cancer like Myeloma…… I only ask this as Bone Marrow Transplants are normally used to treat blood cancers….  I have had 2 Donor Stem Cell Transplants (the more modern version of Bone Marrow Transplant) for my rare incurable Non Hodgkins Lymphoma that I have been living with and treated for, for over 24 years.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge